2009-05-31

CORRECTION: Trips: China, Japan

A mistaken belief led to this post of mine a short while ago:

“23 June: I fly to Tokyo via Beijing to meet with IPA representatives to discuss contributing to OpenOffice.org. Japan has long been a promise and a problem. Good-Day, Inc., of Osaka has contributed substntially for almost as long as OOo has been around. Indeed, much of the localization effort (to Japanese) is due to their team, and I thank Maeda-san and his company, along with Nakata Maho, for their unstintinting contributions to developing the code into a qualified appication suitable for enterprise use.”

In fact, as was very kindly pointed out to me, this is not the case: Good-Day, though a friend, has not in fact contributed in the way I wrongly described. As was pointed out to me:

“Localization efforts are not due to Good-Day, but tremendous contribution by
ja individuals and SUN K.K., who are not Good-Day's employee. Especially
khirano's coordination has been most noted one. Really surprising, that
such a individuals can do great coordination. Recently, Kubota-san, is taking
over his position, and now he's been doing very well. As far as I know,
no substantial contributions from Good-day, at least of localization.”

My regrets in posting such an error, and my apologies to the all concerned, especially to my friend Kazunari HIrano (Khirano), who has been such a strong contributor to the project and promoter of it. And I welcome Kubota-san!

Alas, errors like the one I made do occur, and I simply ask that when they do that they be pointed out to me. I’ll return the favour :-)

Thanks to those making OOo what it is and even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment