2011-09-03

Defence bolsters search for open source software - Software - Technology - News - iTnews.com.au

Defence bolsters search for open source software - Software - Technology - News - iTnews.com.au:

I probably already posted on this but I was going over the political situation in Australia (problematic) and considering the likelihood of what I consider both simply pragmatic and also progressive governmental efforts, like this. It's pragmatic for the reasons that opting for ODF always is: flexibility, cost, ease of implementation. And it's progressive in the classic sense: increases participatory democracy. So for these reasons, my pessimism finds itself in conflict with my general optimism and belief that things really are getting better, though they'll probably find a way first of getting a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment