2012-05-18

IBM contributes Symphony to Apache OpenOffice - The H Open Source: News and Features

IBM contributes Symphony to Apache OpenOffice - The H Open Source: News and Features

I was first shown the work that IBM could do with OOo back in 2004 or so, at the Almaden Center near San Jose, CA. It was impressive. But so was the center! But about the divergence: I, along with so many others in the Apache OO podling are delighted that this narrative has come to a happy conclusion that is also, and far more interestingly, a very strong beginning. As I wrote on the list, Thanks. More words would only dilute the sentiment and diminish the actuality of what is being done now by a rapidly growing and active global community.

(Once again, I feel well, invigorated by the enthusiasm of new members and old hands--those I've known for more than a decade. it's terrific. And it makes me want to learn, again, so much more, and so many more languages and of the people speaking them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment