2010-03-31

iPad to Launch in Canada (and Other Countries) on April 24th? - Mac Rumors

Okay, to say that I want an iPad is to be redundant, even though upon realizing this want I have to retrospectively figure out *why* I should want it, *what* I'd use it for, and so on. Indeed, even though I've long advocated the need precisely for something like this--even a tad smaller (say 12cm long)--as the iPhone sucks when it comes to being a productivity tool--try typing on it and weep in frustration--still, I have to wonder. What do I need it for? I mean, I can buy a *far* cheaper netbook, esp. later on this year, when faster ARM chip netbooks will come out and probably dive under 200 USD/CAD. They'll run Linux, they'll run OpenOffice.org, Mozilla apps, even perhaps use Google's Chrome OS. All cool, all free, all therefore cheaper--all granting freedom not hindering it-- than Apple's sugared, costly, yoke.

But such is the power of desire, and especially the mimetic(izing) desire of others that I'll have to struggle against my self. Pity that Apple's OS and apps are not also free (as in freedom): there'd be no difficult choice.

iPad to Launch in Canada (and Other Countries) on April 24th? - Mac Rumors

No comments:

Post a Comment