2012-01-03

Apache OpenOffice (Incubating)

Apache OpenOffice (Incubating)

I suspect that finding the newly christened and newly energised project and application formerly known as "OpenOffice.org" is less than super easy for some. So, the link is there... Right now, I'm using the latest build for Mac OS X of Apache OpenOffice (thanks to Raphael Bircher!), and not only is it stable but fast. I've also added the usual extensions, etc.

And I can further view my ODF files on my iOS devices. (Android-oids can also do this, with different apps.) Increasingly, office apps will read ODF, at least ODT; some are more complete than others. Symphony's ODF reader is the lastest on the scene, and very useful. I do wish I could edit--at least minimally--the ODF files, without converting them or having to use an online Web service. But I'd guess that won't come into play until yet more enterprises demand it by their acts alone, such as giving out iPads to employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment